Friday, February 10, 2012

Green smoothie rendition #2 and more food.

Today my green smoothie, still made in the blender, was

4 leaves of organic kale, minus the leaf spine
1.5 cups organic spinach
1 granny smith apple, peeled and cored
1/2 frozen banana
4 frozen organic strawberries
2 cups water kefir
1/4 cup chia seed gel
1/2 avocado

It is VERY GREEN, but still very tasty--I am amazed.  I know I would have had a great deal of trouble making myself drink this, if I hadn't made it myself.  I am drinking half now, and will have the other half this afternoon.  By using the blender, I am still getting all the fiber.  This is a great way for me to get my daily vegetables.

I also made a broccoli salad with bacon, raisins and sunflower seeds, miracle whip, apple cider vinegar and honey.  It is supposed to have some red onion, and I may add that next time.  For dinner I am having some of the turkey, apple, and rice curry soup I had frozen, but I am adding some kale.

No comments: