Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Smoothie, and a cat.

This is my smoothie before blending.  There is cataloupe, chia seed gel and some Suero Viv on the bottom, followed by half a banana, fresh spinach and a couple of frozen strawberries.  Looks good, doesn't it?  It tastes very good.  After it is blended, the spinach turns it green, but there is only a slight taste of the spinach, because the banana and strawberries are the overpowering flavors.  This is a great midmorning snack, and definitely keeps me satisfied for a long time.  I haven't measured everything and entered it into a calculator, so I don't know how many calories or what the nutrition is, but it can't be anything but good, right?



This is what it looks like after the blending--a green smoothie!  It was kind of shocking the first time, I had to force myself to try it, but now it doesn't bother me at all.  I mixed up some tuna salad last night, and have a couple of sandwiches in the fridge to grab.  I still have a couple of salmon patties also.  A pound of ground round is thawing in the fridge.  I think I am going to just make more mini meatloaves, because I am down to one in the freezer. 


Here is Ramona, cuddling up with my Mom.  The top of the ladder is a favorite perch of all three of the cats.  King of the mountain. Below is my Aghan, as it is going together.  I am not sure that I like it yet, hope it grows on me as it gets bigger.  I am certainly going to have to put an ecru border around it, as it is smaller than I thought it would be.

No comments: