Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Groceries trip



 I go out Sunday mornings to get my local paper for the coupons, sales ads, and maybe some news.  I get the St. Louis Post Dispatch delivered on Sundays, but the local paper doesn't have a Sunday only delivery.  I bought some Broccoli, green onions and celery for today's soup.  I spent $6.64.  Jean-Claude is checking out the green stuff.  Sorry guy, it's not catnip.  The soup is smelling soooo good.  As you can see, I substituted the broccoli for the cauliflower. I have never been much of a cauliflower fan.  This is a big pot.  I may take some in to work in a crockpot.  I will freeze several extra servings for me.  This and some garlic Texas Toast from the freezer will be a great dinner for me!

ps....oh my goodness, this is some rich stuff.  I could barely eat my cup full.  This will be many, many servings!

No comments: