Thursday, January 7, 2010

Getting colder and windier

We are dropping to the single digits again tonight, and the dry snow is expected to blow all over the place.  At least I only had to brush it off the car this morning, no scraping involved.  I had my last salmon patty for lunch, and some potato soup.  Snacked on two clementines. Came home starving and made a sloppy joe with the hamburger I had browned and frozen.  I bought a box of clementines and milk and eggs yesterday, for a total of  $12.26.  Will boil 8 eggs tonight and make some tuna on toast.   Left over tuna and white sauce will be combined with macaroni and peas for my old standby tuna casserole.  I'm thinking I may be able to do this for 2 months.  We will see how it goes, but there is no end of the food in sight.

Total spent in January on food= $18.90

No comments: