Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tuna on Toast

I made some tuna in a white sauce and ate it on toast.  I then boiled some macaroni and added peas for a casserole to take to work for lunch tomorrow.  As I was eating my tuna on toast, I was thinking that there are a lot of people in this world who would not find it appealing at all!  For me it is a comfort food, a throw back to my childhood, along with the casserole.  My Mom doesn't like celery.  As kids, we were not exposed to celery.  Other people had celery in everything.  Same with squash.  As we get older and try new things our palate will embrace other tastes.  I don't ever get tired of the old family favorites though. Well, those that were my favorites, anyhow.  Never did like fishsticks.  Ever.  Bought my Sunday paper and a canteloupe and 3 bananas.  Spent another $3.50 for a new total of $22.40 for the month. 

No comments: